Experience gained across a wide range of work environments, including corporates, venture-funded startups, international consulting & freelance
Proven ability to engage and interact with diverse stakeholders from a range of cultures and geographies - worked with teams in the US, France, Serbia & India
mattdean1 - Overview
Lyvly | Full-Stack Software Engineer
2019 - Present
Lyvly is a venture-funded proptech startup of c. 40 employees, providing community-focused co-living. The bespoke web platform connects more than 500 members to properties and housemates across London.
- Shaped the engineering culture by defining the core team values and software principles as an early member of the engineering team
- Devised and delivered the strategy to replace and improve existing manual processes by automation and integration of 3rd party APIs
- Designed and built a foundational event-driven architecture for future proprietary systems to be built on
- Combined data sources across the company to enable business insight and predictions by creating a new data pipeline and integrating analytics tools
- Managed and prioritised multiple concurrent workstreams and projects delivering against challenging OKRs and KPIs
Serverless (AWS Lambda), TypeScript (Node + React), GraphQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Redshift
Theodo | Full-Stack Software Engineer - Web and Mobile
2018 - 2019
Theodo is a software consultancy that trains the next generation of CTOs, with offices in Paris, London, and New York.
- Created a home services platform from scratch in just 5 weeks, across mobile and web
- Reduced bugs by 50% across 4 teams and 20+ engineers by introducing static analysis tools
- Trained client developers in agile methodology, mobile development, and DevOps
- 6 months in Paris working on a global ecommerce platform, integrating with SAP
Django, React/React Native/TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and Vue/Symfony
Spotlight Data | Part-time Data Engineering contracts
2017 - 2018
Data analytics software consultancy.
- Designed Elasticsearch queries and schema to extract insights from climate change data
- Built a React dashboard to analyse textual data from Elasticsearch in real time
Trustly | Part-time Data Engineering contracts
2017 - 2018
Fintech payment provider.
- Architected and built an analysis pipeline for sales data in Python
Eli Lilly and Company | Systems Analyst - Infrastructure
2016 - 2017
Year in Industry Fortune 500 pharmaceuticals company.
- Transformed internal platform-as-a-service from a proof-of-concept to a global enterprise service
- Automated the project creation process, saving hours each time and reducing barrier to entry
- Released a single-sign-on module for Node/Django apps, increasing customer adoption by 50%
- Implemented a common architecture and design framework across 20 internal websites
- Introduced a new developer recruitment stream, making up 55% of interviewed candidates
Docker/Kubernetes, Node, React, and Mongo/Redis
Recognize Co. | Cofounder and Software Engineer
2015 - 2016
Created a startup with 5 other students during 2nd year of university, developing a platform aimed at improving users’ video interview skills.
- Engineered a solution for users to stream and record video using WebRTC
- Set up and managed AWS servers (EC2) and storage (S3)
AWS, Node and Angular
University of Birmingham
BSc Computer Science with Year in Industry - First Class
- Final Year Project on Supply Chain transformation using Blockchain
- Year in Industry as an Infrastructure Systems Analyst at Eli Lilly and Co.
Chipping Campden School Academy
A* A* A A B in Maths, Physics, Further Maths, Philosophy, and Computing
2014 - 2018
2007 - 2014
FINALIST: Microsoft Imagine Cup UK Finalist 2017
FINALIST: CodeCon Global 2017
PRIZEWINNER: HackCambridge, Starling Bank Hackathon & Great Uni Hack
Infrastructure as code
Matt Dean | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07960452983